Download Bihar Board Class 6 English Book Solutions Chapter 10 Bamboo Curry Questions and Answers from this page for free of cost. We have compiled the BSEB Bihar Board Class 6 English Book Solutions for all topics in a comprehensive way to support students who are preparing effectively for the exam. You will discover both numerical and descriptive answers for all Chapter 10 Bamboo Curry concepts in this Bihar Board English Solutions pdf. Make use of this perfect guide and score good marks in the exam along with strong subject knowledge.
BSEB Bihar Board Class 6 English Book Solutions Chapter 10 Bamboo Curry
Candidates who are looking for English Chapter 10 Bamboo Curry topics can get them all in one place ie., from Bihar Board Class 6 English Solutions. Just click on the links prevailing over here & prepare all respective concepts of English properly. By viewing/practicing all Bihar Bihar Board Class 6 English Chapter 10 Bamboo Curry Text Book Questions and Answers, you can clear any kind of examinations easily with best scores.
Bihar Board Class 6 English Bamboo Curry Text Book Questions and Answers
Have you ever eaten a dish made a bamboo ?
Let’s read this picture story and find out which part of bamboo can he cooked and eaten.
No. 1 have never eaten a dish made of bamboo.
B. 1. Think and Tell.
- He was the bridegroom of which tribe ?
- From what was the curry made ?
- Why did the in-laws laugh at the young couple ?
- He was the bridegroom of Santhal tribe.
- The curry was made from bamboo shoot.
- The in-laws laughed at the young couple because they did not know that curry was made from bamboo shoot and not from a bamboo door.
B. 2. Think and Write.
B. 2. 1. Answer in a word or a sentence.
- What did the mother-in-law cook for his son-in-law ?
- Why did the Santhal bridegroom believe that the dish is made of the bamboo door ?
- Why did he carry the bamboo door to his village ?
- Why was the dish made by his wife so hard ?
- The mother-in-law had pointed at the bamboo-door.
- There was no bamboo in his village.
- She had boiled the hard bamboo so it was hard.
C. Word Power
C. 1. Complete the sentences meaningfully.
- The bride groom left with the door of his in-laws’ house because it was made of and there was no bamboo in his
- The bridegroom was unable to have bamboo curry in the end because
- bamboo, village.
- it was too hard.
C. 2. Fill in the blanks with words from the story.
- The bridegroom went to visit his
- The mother-in-law pointed the bamboo door.
- He stayed at the night his in-laws.
- He carried the back with him.
- The curry was made bamboo shoots.
- bamboo door
Read the following sentences carefully.
- He said, “it’s too hard to eat.”
- He said, “I can’t eat it.”
- He told his wife, “Make curry with this bamboo door,”
- What is it ?” lie asked.
- The mother-in-law said, “Didn’t your know the curry was made from bamboo shoot ?”
Mark that each sentence given above consists of two parts, one within the inverted commas and another outside it. The part within inverted commas is called reported speech and part out side it is called reporting clause. Reported speech is also called direct speech. We can change directed speeches into indirect ones as follows :
- He said that it was too hard to cat.
- He said that he couldn’t eat that.
- He asked his wife to make curry with the bamboo door.
- He asked what it was.
- The mother-in-law asked if he didn’t know the curry was made from bamboo shoot.
Make the differences between the sentences in direct speech and indirect speech. Then do the following exercises.
D. 1. Write Direct speech or Indirect speech against the sentences given below.
- “This curry is delicious”, he said.
- She said. “How can 1 make curry at of a bamboo door ?”
- She asked him to post the letter.
- “Come. I’ll help you by chopping up the bamboo.” he said.
- The mother-in-law told him how to make bamboo curry.
- Direct speech
- Direct speech
- Indirect speech,
- Direct speech
- Indirect speech.
D. 2. Change the speech of the following sentences.
- “I am writing a letter,” he said to his mother.
- She said, “I’ll help you.”
- Can you show me the way ?’ he said.
- The teacher said to me, “Post the letter.”
- “Are you serious ?” She said.
- He said to his mother that he was writing a letter,
- She said that she would help him.
- He asked if he could show him the way.
- The teacher said him to post the letter.
- She asked if he was serious.
D. 3. 1. Answer in not more than 50 words:
Why did the son-in-law commit the mistake ?
The son-in-law didn’t know that the curry was made from the bamboo shoots and not from the bamboo-door. So, he commited the mistake.
Why and how did the wife of Santhal tribe to make the dish soft ?
The wife of the Santhal tribe also didn’t know that the curry was made from the bamboo-shoot. At first, she was shocked to hear to make curry from the bamboo door. But, as his husband was forcing him to do so, she had to do it.
E. Let’s Talk and Write
Name food that is made in your home.
- For a feast/festival
- When you are well
- Puri, pulav, pua etc.
- Roti- sabzi.
Do you have a similar dish in your area made from a mix of many vegetables ?
- What is it called ?
- Note down the ingredients used to make it.
- Write down the recipe.
- Present the recipe attractively and display it on your class board.You can draw or stick picture too.
- Yes, some times mix vegetables is made in my house too.
- It is called mix vegetable in my house.
- The recipe is many vegetables and different spices with oil.
- Do the presentation and drawing work yourselves.
Translate into English
- तुम्हारा प्रिय भोजन क्या है ?
- मुझे मिठाई खाना बहुत पसंद है।
- मछली मांसाहारी भोजन है।
- मैं शाकाहारी हूँ।
- What is your favourite food ?
- I like to eat sweets very much.
- Fish is a non-vegetarian food.
- I am a vegetarian.
Bamboo Curry Summary in English
One day the mother-in-law of a Santhal bridegroom cooked a special dish for him. The bridegroom asked her that with what was the delicious curry made. She pointed at the bamboo-door. Next morning the man removed the bamboo door remembering that there was no bamboo in his village. He reached to home and asked his wife to make curry with the bamboo-door. The shocked wife boiled and boiled the bamboo which the man had chopped off. But it was too hard to eat. That evening the in laws came to visit the young couple. They laughed at the man’s foolishness. The mother-in-law said that the curry was made from bamboo shoot and not from the bamboo-door.
Bamboo Curry Summary in Hindi
एक दिन एक संथाल दुल्हे के लिए उसकी सास ने एक विशेष व्यंजन पकाया । दुल्हे ने पूछा कि यह स्वादिष्ट कढी किस चीज की बनी है तो उसकी सास ने अपने बॉस के दरवाजे की ओर इशारा कर दिया। अगले दिन चलते वक्त दुल्हे को याद आयी कि उसके गाँव में बाँस नहीं है। इस कारण से उसने उस बाँस के दरवाजे को उखाड लिया और घर पहुंचकर पत्नी से कहा कि इसका कढ़ी बना दो।
उसकी पत्नी को यह सन सदमा-सा लगा। पर उस दुल्हे ने बाँस को छीला और उसकी पत्नी ने उसे खूब उबाला फिर वह खाने के लायक नहीं बन पाया। खाने में वह कड़ा ही रहा । इसी शाम उसकी सास और ससुर उसके घर उससे भेंट करने आए। उसकी सास ने सारी बात सुनकर उसकी मूर्खता पर हँसते हुए कहा कि तुम्हें पता नहीं है कि कढ़ी बाँस से नहीं बल्कि उसकी नई डाली (कोपल) से बनती
Word Meanings : Curry (n) [करी] = कढ़ी, शोरबा, रस। Bridegroom (n)[ब्राइडग्रुम) = दुल्हा । Mother-in-law (n)|मदर-इन-लॉ| = ‘सास, पत्नी या पति की माँ । Special (adj) [स्पेशल| = विशिष्ट । Delicious (adj) [डलिसिस = स्वादिष्ट । Pointed (v) [पॉइनटीड] = इशारा किया । Remember (v)[रिमेमबर्ड) = याद किया। Shocked (v) शॉक्ड = सदमा लगा, स्तब्ध हुआ i Chopping (v) (चॉपिंग] = काटते हुए I Couple (n) कपल) = जोड़ा, युगल | Foolishness (n)[फुलिशनेस = मूर्खता Santhal (n) [सांथल) = एक जनजाति ।
Bamboo Curry Hindi Translation of The Chapter
One day the…………… visited her. Word Meanings : Cook (v)[कुक] = पकाना । Dish (n)[डिश) = व्यंजन । For (prep) [फरि] = के लिए। Visited (v) [विजिटेड] = भेंट किया, मिला। हिन्दी अनुवाद -एक संथाल दुल्हा के लिए उसकी सास ने एक दिन, एक खास प्रकार का व्यंजन पकाया। जब वह दुल्हा अपनी सास से भेंट करने के लिए गया हुआ था !
“This curry is ……………… bamboo-door.
Word Meanings : Bamboo-door (n) |बैम्बू-डोर = बाँस का दरवाजा। हिन्दी अनुवाद-“यह कढ़ी तो स्वादिष्ट है। यह है क्या ?” दूल्हे ने सास से पूछा तो सास ने बाँस के दरवाजे की ओर इशारा किया ।
Next morning, just……… in his village.
Word Meanings:Next (adj) नेक्स्ट= अगला, आगामी Just (adv)|जस्ट – जैसे ही | About (adv)[अबाउट = लगभग, प्रायः | Leave (v)लीय छोड़ना, जाना, विदा होना | Village (n) |विलेज] = गाँव । हिन्दी अनुवाद-जब अगली सुबह वह दुल्हा वहाँ से जाने लगा तो उसे याद आया कि उसके गाँव में तो कोई बाँस है नहीं।
So, he removed ……………………………………………..for his home.
Word Meanings : So (adv)|सो = इस कारण से Removed (v) [रिमूव्ड] = हटाया | Carrying (v)[करींग = ढांना, ढोते हुए | Left for (phr)[लेफ्ट फॉर = चल दिया। हिन्दी अनुवाद-इस कारण से उसे उस बाँस के दरवाजे को अपनी जगह पर से उखाड़ लिया और उसे ढाते हुए अपने घर को चल दिया।
On reaching his ……….bamboo door:”
Word Meanings : Reaching (v)[रीचिंग] = पहुँचते हुए । Told (v) [टोल्ड) = कहा । Wife (n) (वाइफ) = पत्नी।
हिन्दी अनुवाद-अपने गाँव पहुँचने पर उसने अपनी पत्नी से कहा, “इस बाँस के दरवाजे से कढी बनाओ।”
She was shocked……………….he said.
Word Meanings: How (adv) [हाऊ] = कैसे। हिन्दी अनुवाद-उसकी पत्नी को यह सुन सदमा-सा लगा। वह बोली-“इस बाँस के दरवाजे से मैं कढ़ी किस तरह से बना पाऊँगी ?” “आओ, मैं इस बाँस को काटने में तुम्हारी सहायता करता हूँ।” उसने कहा।
His wife boiled…………………………. how to cook.”
Word Meanings : Boiled (v) [बॉयल्ड = उबाली | Later (adj) लेटर) = बाद में | When (adv)[व्हेन] = जब । Husband (n) |हसबैन्ड = पति | Tasted (v)[टेस्टेड] = स्वाद लिया । Too (prep)[टू = बहुत अधिक । Hard (adj) हार्ड % कड़ा, कठिन, कठोर | Know (v)[नो] = जानना । हिन्दी अनुवाद-उसकी पत्नी ने बाँस को उबाला और उबाला । बाद में जब उसके पति ने उसका स्वाद लेना चाहा तो बोला, “यह तो बहुत कड़ा है खाने में। तुम इसे पकाने का तरीका नहीं जानती हो।
His wife added……..can’t eat it.”
Word Meanings : Added (v)[एडेड] = और जोड़ना या डालना, ज्यादा करना । More (adj) [मोर] = अधिक । हिन्दी अनुवाद उसकी पत्नी ने कढ़ी में और पानी डाला और उसे और उबाला और उसे और अधिक उबाला । “यह तो अभी भी कड़ा ही है । मैं इसे नहीं खा सकता हूँ।” पति बोला ।
The in-laws came………….a bamboo door?
Word Meanings : In laws (n) [इन-लॉज] = ससुराल के लोग, – सास-ससुर | Came to visit (phr)/केम टू विजिट] = भेंट करने आए, मिलने के लिए आए | Young (adj) [यंग] = युवा Couple (n) [कपल] = जोड़ा, युगल, पति-पत्नी | All(adv) [ऑल) = सभी | Laughed (v) (लॉफ्ड) = हँसे | Shoot (m) [शूट] = नई डाली अथवा ताजा डाली । From (prep) [फ्रॉम] = से।हिन्दी अनुवाद-उसी शाम उस जवान दंपति के सास-ससुर उनसे भेंट करने के लिए उनके घर को आए । वे सभी उसकी मूर्खता पर हँस पड़े । सास ने कहा, “क्या तुमको यह बात समझ में नहीं आयी कि वह जो कढ़ी मैंने बनायी थी, वह बाँस के दरवाजे की नहीं थी, बल्कि बाँस की नई डाली (कोपल) की थी?”
We hope this detailed article on Bihar Board Solutions for Class 6 English Chapter 10 Bamboo Curry Questions and Answers aids you. For more doubts about Bihar Board Solutions, feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will revert back to you very soon with the best possibilities. Moreover, connect with our site and get more information on State board Solutions for various classes & subjects.